MAX16053 High-Voltage, Adjustable Sequencing/Supervisory Circuits
The MAX16052/MAX16053 are a family of small, low-power, high-voltage monitoring circuits with sequencing capability. These miniature devices offer very wide flexibility with an adjustable voltage threshold and an external capacitor-adjustable time delay. These devices are ideal for use in power-supply sequencing, reset sequencing, and power switching applications. Multiple devices can be cascaded for complex sequencing applications.
A high-impedance input (IN) with a 0.5V threshold allows an external resistive divider to set the monitored threshold. The output (OUT) asserts high when the input voltage rises above the 0.5V threshold and the enable input (EN) is asserted high. When the voltage at IN falls below 0.495V or when the enable input is deasserted (EN = low), the output deasserts (OUT = low). The MAX16052/MAX16053 provide a capacitor programmable delay time from when the voltage at IN rises above 0.5V to when the output is asserted.
The MAX16052 offers an active-high open-drain output while the MAX16053 offers an active-high push-pull output. Both devices operate from a 2.25V to 28V supply voltage and feature an active-high enable input. The MAX16052/MAX16053 are available in a tiny 6-pin SOT23 package and are fully specified over the automotive temperature range (-40°C to +125°C).
- Critical μP Monitoring
- Intelligent Instruments
- Medical Equipment
- Portable Equipment
- Set-Top Boxes
Features and Benefits
- Less External Circuitry Results in Smaller Solution Size
- Open-Drain (28V Tolerant) Output Allows Interfacing to 12V Intermediate Bus Voltage
- Operates from VCC of 2.25V to 28V
- Small 6-Pin SOT23 Package
- Ideal for Use in Power-Supply Sequencing, Reset Sequencing, and Power-Switching Applications
- Active-High Logic-Enable Input
- 1.8% Accurate Adjustable Threshold Over Temperature
- Fully Specified from -40°C to +125°C for Reliability in Extreme Temperatures
- Low Supply Current (18µA typ) Reduces Power Consumption