LTM2886 SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Fixed ±5V and Adjustable 5V Regulated Power
The LTM2886 is a complete galvanic digital μModule® (micromodule) isolator. No external components are required. A single 3.3V or 5V supply powers both sides of the interface through an integrated, isolated DC/DC converter. A logic supply pin allows easy interfacing with different logic levels from 1.62V to 5.5V, independent of the main supply.
Available options are compliant with SPI and I2C (master mode only) specifications.
The isolated side includes fixed ±5V and 5V adjustable power supplies, each capable of providing more than 100mA of load current. The 5V adjustable supply may be programmed via an external voltage divider.
Coupled inductors and an isolation power transformer provide 2500VRMS of isolation between the input and output logic interface. This device is ideal for systems where the ground loop is broken, allowing for a large common mode voltage range. Communication is uninterrupted for common mode transients greater than 30kV/μs.
- Isolated SPI or I2C Interfaces
- Industrial Systems
- Test and Measurement Equipment
- Breaking Ground Loops
Features and Benefits
- 6-Channel Logic Isolator: 2500VRMS for 1 Minute
- UL-CSA Recognized File #E151738
- Isolated DC Power:
- 3V to 5V Adjustable at Up to 100mA
- ±5V Fixed at Up to 100mA
- No External Components Required
- SPI/Digital (LTM2886-S) or I2C (LTM2886-I) Options
- High Common Mode Transient Immunity: 30kV/μs
- High Speed Operation:
- 10MHz Digital Isolation
- 4MHz/8MHz SPI Isolation
- 400kHz I2C Isolation
- 3.3V (LTM2886-3) or 5V (LTM2886-5) Operation
- 1.62V to 5.5V Logic Supply
- ±10kV ESD HBM Across the Isolation Barrier
- Maximum Continuous Working Voltage: 560VPEAK
- Low Current Shutdown Mode (<10μA)
- Low Profile (15mm × 11.25mm × 3.42mm) BGA Package