ADM1185 Quad Voltage Monitor and Sequencer
The ADM1185 is an integrated, 4-channel, voltage monitoring and sequencing device. A 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply is required on the VCC pin to power the device.
Four precision comparators monitor four voltage rails. All comparators have a 0.6 V reference with a worst-case accuracy of 0.8%. Resistor networks that are external to the VIN1, VIN2, VIN3, and VIN4 pins set the trip points for the monitored supply rails.
A digital core interprets the status of the comparator outputs.
Internal time delays can be used for sequencing the startup of subsequent power supplies enabled by the outputs. Supplies falling out of range are also detected and, as a result, appropriate outputs are disabled.
The ADM1185 has four open-drain outputs. In a typical configuration, OUT1 to OUT3 are used to enable power supplies, while PWRGD is a common power-good output, indicating the status of all monitored supplies.
The ADM1185 is available in a 10-lead mini small outline package (MSOP).
- Monitor and alarm functions
- Power supply sequencing
- Telecommunication and data communication equipment
Features and Benefits
- Powered from 2.7 V to 5.5 V on the VCC pin
- Logical core with internal timeouts provides power supply sequencing and fault protection
- 4 inputs can be programmed to monitor different voltage levels with resistor dividers
- Monitors 4 supplies via 0.8% accurate comparators
- 3 open-drain enable outputs
- Open-drain power-good output (PWRGD)
- 10-lead MSOP