MAX4899AE USB 2.0 High-Speed, Fault-Tolerant 3:1, 4:1 Multiplexers
The MAX4899E/MAX4899AE analog multiplexers combine the low on-capacitance (CON) and low on-resistance (RON) necessary for high-performance switching applications. These devices are designed for USB 2.0 high-speed applications at 480Mbps. The MAX4899E/MAX4899AE also handle all the requirements for USB low- and full-speed signaling.
The MAX4899E is a dual 3:1 multiplexer whereas the MAX4899AE is a dual 4:1 multiplexer. The MAX4899E/MAX4899AE feature two digital inputs, C0 and C1, to control the analog signal path. Typical applications include switching a USB connector between USB and other operations such as serial communications, audio, and video.
An enable input (active-low EN) is provided to disable all channels and place the device into a high-impedance (off) state, as well as reducing power consumption.
The MAX4899E/MAX4899AE operate from a 2.7V to 3.6V power-supply voltage and are protected against +5.5V shorts to COMA- and COMA+. In addition, COMA+ and COMA- are normally connected to outside circuitry and feature ±15kV ESD protection. The MAX4899E/MAX4899AE are available in a 3mm x 3mm, 16-pin TQFN package and operate over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Cell Phones
- Combination Products
- Digital Still Cameras
- Digital Video Cameras
- MPEG-4 Players
- Portable GPS Navigation Systems
Features and Benefits
- Single 2.7V to 3.6V Power-Supply Voltage
- Low 4Ω (typ) On-Resistance (RON)
- -3dB Bandwidth: 425MHz
- Fault Tolerant to Meet Full USB 2.0 Specification
- COM_ Protected to ±15kV ESD Protection per Human Body Model (Mil Standard 883; Method 3015)
- Low Operating Current (200µA), Ultra-Low Quiescent Current (3.0µA max) in Standby Mode
- Low Threshold Eliminates the Need for Translators in 1.8V Low Voltage Systems
- Tiny 3mm x 3mm, 16-Pin TQFN Package