MAX16163 nanoPower On/Off Controller with Programmable Sleep Time
The MAX16163/MAX16164 use either an external resistor to program the sleep time or program the sleep time through an I2C bus. When the device powers up, it checks the connection on the PB/SLP pin; if the resistance between the PB/SLP pin and ground is larger than 5.5MΩ, the device is configured as I2C programmable. Otherwise, the device is configured as resistor programmable.
When the MAX16163 powers up, it measures the resistance on the PB/SLP pin to the ground and sets the sleep time properly. It then asserts the OUT output. When the downstream device (e.g., a µC) finishes its task, it asserts a falling edge on the CLRB pin; the MAX16163 then deasserts OUT and the sleep timer starts. When the sleep timer expires, the MAX16163 asserts OUT again.
When the MAX16164 powers up, it measures the resistance on the PB/SLP pin to the ground and sets the sleep time properly. It then keeps OUT deasserted and puts the device in SHUTDOWN state. The MAX16164 does not assert OUT until a pushbutton closure on the PB/SLP pin.
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- Remote Sensors
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Portable Instruments
- Handheld Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Equipment
- Disposable Low-Power Electronics
Features and Benefits
- Ultra Low Current Saves Power
- 30nA IQ in SLEEP_TIMER State
- 10nA IQ in SHUTDOWN State
- VCC Range: 1.7V to 5.5V
- Robust Features Increases End Equipment Reliability
- Pushbutton Input Handles up to ±60V
- ±40kV HBM ESD Protection
- Flexible Configurations Provide Design Options
- I2C or Resistor Programmable Sleep Time
- Interrupt Output and Clear Input in Resistor Programmable Configuration
- Up to 32 Different Sleep Time Values from 100ms to 24 Hours, and Infinite
- Latched Output Supplies 200mA Load Current With Less Than 30mV Drop