ADP199 3.6 V, 500 mA Logic Controlled High-Side Load Switch
The ADP199 is a high-side load switch designed for operation between 0.9 V to 3.6 V. A load switch provides power domain isolation, thereby helping to keep subsystems isolated and powered independently, and enabling reduced power consumption.
The ADP199 contains a low on-resistance, N-channel MOSFET to minimize power loss, and supports over 500 mA of continuous load current. The low 6 μA quiescent current and ultralow shutdown current make the ADP199 ideal for battery-operated portable equipment. The built-in level shifter for enable logic makes the ADP199 compatible with many processors and GPIO controllers.
In addition to high performance, the ADP199 occupies mini-mal printed circuit board (PCB) space with an area of less than 0.64 mm2 and a height of 0.50 mm.
The ADP199 is available in an ultra-small, 0.8 mm × 0.8 mm × 0.5 mm, 4-ball, 0.4 mm pitch WLCSP.
- Low operating voltage processors
- Mobile phones
- Digital cameras and audio devices
- Portable and battery-powered equipment
- Optical XMT/RCVR modules
Features and Benefits
- Constant low RDSON of 40 mΩ over input voltage range
- Low input voltage range: 0.9 V to 3.6 V
- 500 mA continuous operating current at 85°C
- 1.2 V logic compatible enable input
- Low 6 μA quiescent current, independent of load current
- Ultralow shutdown current: <100 nA
- Ultrasmall 0.8 mm × 0.8 mm × 0.5 mm, 4-ball, 0.4 mm pitch WLCSP